Home security is no longer about having gates locked or a dog prowling the yard.
Today, home burglaries take place with alarming frequency. Federal statistics indicate that home burglaries are climbing toward ten percent from 2004. Why such a rise? The reason is that security in convenience stores, malls and gas stations are using monitoring cameras and security alarms to protect their employees and assets. This causes the thief to seek other means of revenue. Your home! You need home security.
There are seven reasons to consider a home security system
1) As stated earlier, home burglaries and invasion have risen from past statistics. The thieves or drug users of today have no problem entering your unguarded home and taking whatever money they need or items they are after. In addition, more families are two income families. This means there’s no one at home for large portions of time. If there are children, often they are left with a nanny or babysitter. In some instances these individuals need home security.
2) The installation of a home security system will help the homeowner protect property and possessions against any intruder and, depending on the homeowners needs, can even give an “eye” into the activity of those looking after your children. It’s an effective way to protect your home and the loved ones.
3) The home security surveillance systems on the market today are relatively inexpensive. In addition, most home security surveillance cameras are easy to install when following mounting and networking instructions, even if there are more than one home security camera involved in your home protection plan.
4) Most home security surveillance systems of today can be integrated and interfaced to alert security personnel or police. In an emergency situation, the appropriate business or home security system, can instantly transmit a call to 911 and simultaneously record the activity. This is very useful information for insurance companies and the courts.
5) Surveillance cameras are able to record any event that takes place on a property. In the event of vandalism or fire, the recorded event will definitely assist law enforcement in prosecution and insurance companies in processing a claim.
6) Home security and surveillance should not be considered as merely a present investment of protection for the property owner. Home security systems increase the marketable value of one’s property. Today’s property buyer wants the security of the investment.
7) The home security system packages in today’s market are various and diverse. This variety gives the homeowner or renter a wide range of options in developing a quality security program. For apartment renters subscribing to a monthly security program could prove to be an economical way to protect possessions and loved ones. These subscriptions operate much like subscribing to the telephone or cable company.